Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Steve! Don't Eat It!


I love to read. I'll read just about anything. In my travels over the Internet, I've been entertained, informed, aroused, angered, saddened and disgusted. Occasionally, there is overlap in these emotions. I recently read some interesting blog posts at The Sneeze where the author, Steve, has archived his experiences with ordinary life and with ordinary food.

Steve has a delightfully foul mouth and a talent for turning regular words into comedic content. I've just started checking out his blog when I have a few moments to spare but I like it. I like it a lot.

Aside from the regular food items, Steve has also experimented with odd, supposedly edible, items from the grocery store shelves. He's tasted potted meat, pickled pork rinds, Beggin' Strips, breast milk, natto, cuitlacoche (I gagged a little bit just reading his description), and silkworm pupa. As a child, and not knowing any better, I tried silkworm pupa. I didn't vomit. I didn't understand what I was eating. You can read all about Steve's adventures in gastronomical derring-do with disgusting foods at Steve, don't eat it!

No comments: