Did you know?
- Ten to fifteen percent of breast cancers are not detected by mammography?
- Men are also at risk for developing breast cancer?
- Having no children, or a first child after age 30, are among some of the risk factors for breast cancer?
- Breast Cancer accounts for 30% of all new cancer cases in women.
- When breast cancer is confined to the breast, the 5-year survival rate is over 95%.
- Breast cancer is the #2 killer of women ages 35 to 54, and approximately 80 percent of those diagnosed with breast cancer have no known risk factors.
Early detection is key. Do a monthly self-exam. Get a yearly clinical exam. Follow your doctor’s guidance on mammograms and other diagnostics tests.
Coming up tomorrow... Boobs in history - surprisingly, not political!