Saturday, September 01, 2007

Saving 2nd Base!

Dear Blog Reader,

I am not becoming a professional begger. This is the one major fund-raiser I participate in each year where I ask for cash donations. I will not bombard you with requests for money. I anticipate only having two or three posts before this year's fund-raising deadline so if you aren't interested in donating, please bear with me. I'll have a banner on my page for the next two weeks.

Please consider making a tax deductible donation.

Great strides have been made over the years in the treatment of breast cancer but a cure still doesn’t exist. The Susan G. Komen For The Cure Foundation is a leading force behind cancer research and awareness.

As some of you might know, I’ve been doing Weight Watchers for several years. I started participating on one of the Weight Watchers message boards for tips and support. In 2003, a bunch of my virtual friends from Weight Watchers decided to make an exercise goal of doing the Susan Komen 5K Race for the Cure in Boston. Not only was it a good way to exercise, it was an excellent cause. Many of the people on the message board, including myself, supported the team with donations and encouragement.

The next year, I and nearly 30 other women from all over the country went to Boston to join the original Team GDT. The year I joined, our team raised over $33,000 in donations.

Thanks to some amazing support, we raised almost $40,000 last year, placing 1st in the team rankings, and making Team GDT the nation’s top non-corporate fundraising team for Komen. Since our team began, we have raised over $125,000!

I am calling upon your generosity and support to help us raise as much money as possible to help find a cure. I am honored to wear the names of those you’d like to honor, support or memorialize on my shirt while I participate in the race. When you make your donation, please include those names or enter them in the comments section and I will wear them proudly.

Any amount, big or small, is GREATLY appreciated! So please, as you are willing and able, help me in my mission to create a life where my daughter and granddaughters never have to worry about a lump in their breast. Thank you for your time, support and generous donations! With your help, the fight will continue and a cure will be found!

Because of the public exposure of our team and the nature of the Internet, I prefer to not have my real name on the list. So, if you’d like to make a tax deductible donation, you can click on the link below to access the donation site.

Official Komen Site
After clicking the “Sponsor a Participant” button, type in the following:

First Name: Mz
Last Name: Grinch

There'll be a link to my donation page right below.

Or, you can use this quick link: I Like Boobies or click this banner.


TeamGDT has a website. Click on this banner and you can learn more about the team and bid on auction items.


The team also contributed recipes. An amazing woman on our team compiled those recipes into a beautiful cookbook. You can order the Team GDT cookbook, Eat for the Cure, directly from the publisher. Here's a picture of the front cover:



Much love and thanks in advance,
Ima Wurdibitsch aka MzGrinch aka Too Many Aliases to Mention

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait . . . boobies are only 2nd base?! Oh, crap. I am not nearly as chaste as I thought.

Kuddos to you for being part of such a wonderful campaign. I hope that I, or at the very least, my daughter, will live to see the day when breast cancer is a thing of the past.

Dan said...

I think it's wonderful that you are doing this. I just made a contribution. Hugs.

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

Driving, putting breast cancer into the category of, "I can't believe people used to die from it," is the goal. It will happen.

Dan, thank you so much! Your generosity has made my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.