Friday, August 31, 2007

55 Fiction Friday! August 31, 2007


It's time again for 55 Fiction Friday!
Quick explanation: 55 fiction is a very, very short story of exactly 55 words. It needs to have a character, conflict and resolution.

The Wikipedia article on 55 Fiction is here and some great examples are here..

If you'd like to play along, I tell you how at the end of this post.

Katia contributes a 55:
Untitled
Crawling out from the darkness, she suddenly saw clearly. Her throat, raw from the intense smoke, her head ringing from the wail of the sirens. Finally, her senses were strong enough to reach for something to knock down the source of the wailing that rang unmercifully. Her toast ruined, she sought a slice of cheese.


MrWurdi writes:
Traveling Blues

My wife hates rodents. Well, really any small animal of questionable origin.

If it doesn't go woof, meow, or moo she gets all skeeved.

I feel horrible; every time we turn around her hands go up and she's screaming. They are everywhere - no way I can protect her here.

But the kids really love Disney!


Here's my 55 for this week:
Rescue!
“Keep digging! We have to dig deeper!”

The urgency and concern were evident in the voices of the workers. They’d been working hard but time was running out.

“Please, hurry! I know we can save them.”

No one was sure exactly what it would take but the team was determined. They must save the boobies*.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come play! Add your story to the comments or put it on your blog and I'll link to it. It's fun. You'll like it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*This year will be my third year participating in this race. In the next few days, I'm going to be blogging about the most wonderful group of people and what's being done to find a cure for breast cancer.

8 comments:

D-HOR said...

OMG your header about please "help me save second base" just about made me choke. That's friggin hilarious!

Oooo and Mr. Bitch is quite clever!

Sgt said...

The Voices
Brian was trying to help her. His attempts to bring her back to reality failed. Her arms began moving around erratically. Clearly the voices she was hearing in her head had possessed her.

Luckily I had seen this before and knew exactly what to do.

“Ma’am! Hang up the damn phone and order your coffee!”

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

Hey, who doesn't like boobies? I can't claim credit for the Saving 2nd Base thing - someone much cooler than I came up with that.

(MRS STEVENS - STOP READING)
Hahahah! MrWurdi is going to tan my hide (it's okay, I like it) but I am so completely going to call him MrBitch, just once. BWAAHAHAH!!
(OKAY, MRSSTEVENS - YOU CAN READ AGAIN)


Once again, SGT, you had me going. I laugh at people all the time for their cell phone activity. Of course, when I'm forced to do some shopping at one of the larger discount, "we have everything" stores, I use my hands-free device and talk to people. I'm found that people keep their annoying children away from the crazy lady who's talking to herself.

Anonymous said...

Refugees

The line of people stretched out forever. Each one dragging, head hung low. No food or water, no telling how long since anyone ate or would again.

It was the worst time for this. It silently snuck up on the unwary souls, arriving suddenly and without warning.


Last day of the month at the DMV.

Sgt said...

"Help me save second base" is quite possibly the greatest fund raising slogan ever. I want to sell T-Shirts with that slogan. Do you know who said it? Would they permit it's use?

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

It's such a great slogan, SGT, that someone's already using it for a t-shirt. I don't know if they've trademarked the phrase but when I googled the phrase looking for t-shirts, I found more than one.

The article about it is at the following web address.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20438241/site/newsweek/

Marcia said...

One kiss was not enough. She should have seen the red flag…or was it white?
Surrendering with lips intentionally pursed, she felt that her cravings would be satisfied, at least for the moment. Melting into a puddle of sensuous fulfillment, her eyes rolled back into her head with delight.

His dark Hersheys belonged to her.

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

Excellent, Marcia! Thanks for playing with us.