Friday, November 16, 2007

55 Fiction Friday! November 16, 2007


It's late but... it's time again for 55 Fiction Friday! All the details on what it is and how to play at the end of the post. Come on, you can do it!


MrWurdi's 55 for the week:

When We're Apart
“I’ll call you and tell you goodnight,” was the dish.
Promised later, with a dollop of love.

An elaborate dish, yet hazardous offering.
If left unattended, it poisons the heart.

Yet the call comes, in the wee hours.
Like an antidote, rescue for the heart.

The banquet was saved, lusciously consumed.
Love endures, once again.


My 55 for the week:

Mission
They had a mission to accomplish. One went for supplies. The second member planned while yet another built up his strength and a fourth abstained from food. The fifth member was a weak link with an incontinence problem who pissed himself all the way home. They were the members of the This Little Piggy crew.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
55 fiction is a very, very short story of exactly 55 words. It needs to have a character, conflict and resolution.

The Wikipedia article on 55 Fiction is here and some great examples are here..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come play! Add your story to the comments or put it on your blog and I'll link to it. It's fun. You'll like it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wise man once said that the only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.

It's my test. Does he speak truth? This obsession puts me out on a limb. Should I have faith?

Will the underwear and socks ever make it into the laundry basket?

Sgt said...

LOL. Wurdi.. I nearly spit out my lunch when I read yours. Brilliant!

Sgt said...

Screw You John!

I started with the greatest of intentions; to make a 55 story with wit and humor.

It would have been great. It could have been spectacular. Yet toil as I may, only the echoing of Greenleaf in my head:
“For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

Marcia said...

Colors of fall remind me of us, piling up the leaves just so we could scatter them as we jumped in wildly. I never tire of a crunchy crisp leaf underfoot, or the smell of a campfire lingering on my jacket, sticky with s’mores. Oh, memories of Girl Scout camp!!!

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

I haven't asked MrWurdi if he posted that first comment. Um. I'm doing laundry now. Does that count?

Thanks, SGT! I had fun with that one and I really liked yours.

Great one, Marcia! I love crunchy leaves. I didn't much care for scouts because my troop leader was not a nice woman but I love camping.

Oh, make sure to check out Aaron's 55. He blogs at Conspiracy of Happiness.