Thursday, November 08, 2007

Here We Go Again - The Final Chapter




I've failed at this too many times. I will succeed this time.

I'm quitting smoking. Again. Finally. For good.

As I've said before, not counting a few unremarkable, short-term quits and one three-month quit, I’ve been smoking for over 26 years. That’s a long time and a lot of money - not to mention what it’s done to me health-wise.

So, I’m quitting.

I went to the doctor today. I got a prescription for Chantix. They say it has a 70% effectiveness rate. I'll let you know how that works out for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! You can do it, I have faith.

Anonymous said...

go girl go. xo Doc

Marcia said...

Good for you! Great for you! Wonderful for you! You go girl! Could you come light a different type of fire under me to excercise and eat right???? :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey there Wurdi!
I read that there is a new shot also that blocks the nicotine receptors. It's supposed to work even better than the Chantix.

hugs and good luck,
wormy

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

Thanks for the encouragement. They say I should expect results soon.

Hopefully, I'll have good news to report soon.