Friday, November 02, 2007

55 Fiction Friday! November 2, 2007


It's time again for 55 Fiction Friday! Details on what it is and how to play at the end of the post. Come on, you can do it!


MrWurdi's 55 for the week:

Mirror, Mirror
Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a way to look into a brighter, improved universe?
A way to focus on goals to work towards, a way to see things like they are now but just a little better?
At least that would explain why I think this looks good on me in the mirror.


My 55 for the week:

I’ll Take What’s Behind Door Number Two
Reluctantly pulled from sleep by the need to relieve myself of beverages consumed earlier, I groggily regard the shadowy shapes in the unfamiliar hotel room. I shuffle, nude, through the darkness to the bathroom. As the door swings shut and locks behind me, horrified realization breaks through my sleep-addled mind.

“I’m in the hotel hallway.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
55 fiction is a very, very short story of exactly 55 words. It needs to have a character, conflict and resolution.

The Wikipedia article on 55 Fiction is here and some great examples are here..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come play! Add your story to the comments or put it on your blog and I'll link to it. It's fun. You'll like it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 comments:

Marcia said...

“Harden your heart” I heard them say
You’ll look back on this one day
Perhaps a smile will come to you
And leave you feeling a little blue.

Blue is better than a heart torn in two
Your last attempt was nothing new
Turn and leave without goodbyes
Hope the tears don’t sting your eyes.

Anonymous said...

Oh right, here's the new post.

Love,
Blindy

Sgt said...

A Friend For Life
When you were pushed, I was there; making you feel better.

When you were scared walking home in the dark; I came to help.

When you thought things were so bad you could not go on; I came and raised your spirits.

As long as you have a pituitary and hypothalamus, I will be there.

Anonymous said...

I'm in for today over at the Conspiracy...also attempting the NaBloPoMo.

Dagpotter said...

His hands caressed the skin of his soul mate. He thought of how well they meshed to achieve a mutual goal of exultation. He assumed the well known stance and moved her to the right position. He took a deep breath and held it. He then swung his bat and hit a game winning homerun.

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

Marcia, I love the 55 poem. Double effort! Nice.

Becca, um, well... yep! ;-)

SGT. I don't know what to say. You freak. Glad you're back.

Guinness, I love it. I'm glad you're NaBloPoMoing, too. I'll be sure to check your daily offerings.

Nice one, Dag. Very good.