Tuesday, November 13, 2007

...And Awa-a-a-a-y We Go!

I started taking the Chantix today. I've heard so many good stories about how effective it is. So, I'm very hopeful that this time will be it and I'll finally kick cigarettes to the curb once and for all.

I think it's time. I'm not (yet) feeling that panic I normally start to feel at the thought of giving them up for good. I've, as suggested, picked a quit date: November 21, 2007 - next Wednesday. The literature tells me that I might feel like giving them up before then and that's okay. In the past, the quit date has loomed ominously and I've smoked almost frantically up until that date. I don't feel that need or desire this time.

It will be interesting to see how I feel at the beginning of next week. I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

muse said...

Good Luck! There is nothing harder than watching a slow demise of a smoker's health. Both of my parents died from smoking related illnesses.

Whatever it takes...You go!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Muse and I am also so proud of you and am cheering you on! My dad had good luck with the Chantix (although he started smoking again for different reasons).

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

Thanks, Muse and Lydia. I'm already smoking less although I think that's more because I'm finally ready than from the drug. It hasn't had time to build up in my system yet.

Anonymous said...

You can do it!

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

Thanks, Jane. I really think I can.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope the nausea gets better and that you don't have any of the crazy dreams that I keep hearing about as a side-effect.

Unless they are crazy good sex dreams. Those would be okay.

Anonymous said...

Best Wishes to you on Chantix...I have been smoke-free almost 4 months now thanks to it.

I did have plenty of nausea, weight gain and wild dreams, fun, wild dreams:)